- The holidays are notoriously hard on the wallet, but the upside is that your spending can help you earn a trip booked on points if you use a rewards credit card.
- By applying for a new card and meeting the minimum spend requirement, you can earn thousands of points with a sign-up bonus.
- If you apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and spend $4,000 in the first three months, you’ll earn 60,000 points — enough for a round-trip flight to the Caribbean.
- Another option is the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card, which is offering 50,000 miles after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. That’s worth at least $500 toward travel.
- Read more personal finance coverage.
The holidays are a wonderful time full of family, food, and… expenses. Holiday shopping, travel, and dinner parties with family and friends can feel like required spending, and your budget is likely to feel a bit more stretched than usual at this time of the year.
You should never spend more than you can afford to pay off, and it’s wise to take advantage of seasonal deals to keep your budget on track. Provided you’re practicing financial responsibility at this expensive time of the year, there is an upside to your holiday spending.
The money you spend on gifts, travel, and more can help you book your next vacation thanks to rewards credit cards that earn you travel points on all your spending. You’ll be making these purchases anyway, so you might as well maximize them to get points…